What Can Go Wrong At Center Stage, When Ms. Heather Goes On Vacation?
Last week Ms. Heather went on her well-deserved annual beach vacation. I was holding down the fort here at Center Stage, until …… lo and behold the sweet, friendly lady from DSS (Department of Social Services) showed up. My heart was beating out of my chest! I had to give myself a pep talk, saying over and over again “I got this” ……. “I have done an inspections from DSS with Ms. Heather before!” What can go wrong? Ugh… five minutes into the inspection the power went out. By then my adrenaline has kicked into high gear, but I felt confident knowing that Ms. Heather and I went over all the staff and children’s paperwork, emergency drills, fire drills, etc. We have done everything to make sure that Center Stage would be okay while she was gone.
The Inspection Summary From The Friendly Lady From DSS.
This is the actual report from DSS. We are quite proud of it, so enjoy!
- An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted today, July 5, 2017 from 10:00 am until 12:30 pm
- Twenty-one children were observed to be actively supervised by five staff members
- Children were observed creating hand print artwork, eating a snack of cereal and playing outside
- Smooth and organized transitions were observed as children moved in a group to the rest room and then outdoors to play
- During the inspection the building lost power for a period of 30 minutes
- The Assistant Director was seen at this time to notify the parents via e-mail
- Coordinate with the building manager
- Following the center’s emergency plan for power outage
- The staff and children remained calm throughout the outage
- A total of 12 staff files and 7 children’s records were reviewed
- The emergency plan, physical plans, the playground, emergency drills, emergency plans and supplies were inspected
- There was an abundant supply of material for the children
- The center was clean and organized
Monday Morning And It’s A New Week!
And now, Ms. Heather is back! We are catching up over a cup of coffee, on all the ins and outs of what’s happening at Center Stage, and preparing for fall preschool. We have new teachers to hire, new rooms to create, and we couldn’t be more excited! I’m so thankful that Ms. Heather is back, since laughter fills the office and witty comments are flying once again!
Are you looking for a unique approach to education? Find out more about our programs by scheduling a tour today! Center Stage is making a difference for our children! Also check out our Facebook page for more amazing pictures!